Grating Whole Frozen Lemons Trick

lemonsI’m not sure were the article below came from exactly but my Mom sent it to me and I’ve been enjoying using frozen lemons myself and it seems to be very powerful in improving my health.

I use organic lemons and my favorite is to sprinkle the frozen lemon gratings into my organic plain whole fat yogurt in the morning. I also like it on my salads. I also sprinkle it directly into a glass of water. This should be done every day! One word of caution though is to make sure you clean your teeth after using it as you don’t want the acid from the lemons to eat away the enamal on your teeth.

Regards, Jared

Here is the article my Mom sent me:
Please note I had to remove some of this article because of the unproven medical claims.
_________________________________________________
This is really good to know. I have heard of the good effects of lemon juice, but this is a different twist on the use of the lemon. Amazing frozen lemons All it is…..is a frozen lemon Many professionals in restaurants and eateries are using or consuming the entire lemon and nothing is wasted. How can you use the whole lemon without waste? Simple.. place the washed lemon in the freezer section of your refrigerator. Once the lemon is frozen, get your grater, and shred the whole lemon (no need to peel it) and sprinkle it on top of your foods. Sprinkle it to your vegetable salad, ice cream, soup, cereals, noodles, spaghetti sauce, rice, fish dishes, wine…. the list is endless. All of the foods will unexpectedly have a wonderful taste, something that you may have never tasted before.

Most likely, you only think of lemon juice and vitamin C. Not anymore. Now that you’ve learned this lemon secret, you can use lemon even in instant cup noodles. What’s the major advantage of using the whole lemon other than preventing waste and adding new taste to your dishes? Well, you see lemon peels contain as much as 5 to 10 times more vitamins than the lemon juice itself. And yes, that’s what you’ve been wasting. But from now on, by following this simple procedure of freezing the whole lemon, then grating it on top of your dishes, you can consume all of those nutrients and get even healthier. It’s also good that lemon peels are health rejuvenators in eradicating toxic elements in the body. So place your washed lemon in your freezer, and then grate it on your meal every day.

So, give those lemons a good wash, freeze them and grate them. Your whole body will love you for it!!!

If you liked this article, you need to check out:
The One Minute Cure

the-one-minute-cure

Regards,
Jared Blake

This entry was posted in Health News Today and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Grating Whole Frozen Lemons Trick

1. Janet says:

Thanks for this article, BUT what about the seeds and isn’t it bitter? ( I cut lemons like a grapefruit and put pulp in my water almost every day. I boil the hull with some spices for a nice smelling kitchen.)

2. Jared Blake says:

Hi Janet, thanks for the nice smelling kitchen tip! Sometimes, I cut the lemon in half and scrape out any easy seeds, however I’ve also grated the lemons straight without doing anything. The seeds don’t seem too bad but either way is up to you….Regards, Jared

3. sabienne6 says:

At the price of organic lemons, this is a great idea! Mine are in the freezer raring to go. Will first try it with basted eggs, avocado, mushrooms and green onion (great combo) and will sprinkle on chia seeds.

4. If your using organic lemons save those seeds and get a primer on growing your own lemons indoor lemon trees. It works. By the way Jared try grating lemon and lime into a pitcher of H20, instead of drinking most drinks that are swill.

5. Mike says:

We have a number of lemon trees, so i just grate them fresh as needed, I do a great potatoe bake with garlic and lemon zest. what i do do is juice the excess lemons and pour it into Glad ice cube bags. A few of these lemon ice cubes in a glass of water is a great summer drink

6. mothman777 says:

I will certainly try this, and many thanks for the tip, though a word of caution, your advice to clean the teeth straight after eating lemons will actually lead to damage being caused to the enamel on your teeth.

The enamel will remain soft for about half an hour after having had lemon in the mouth, so the advice you would be better giving should be simply to rinse well immediately after having had any citrus or other acidic food in the mouth, but not to actually brush the teeth at that time, for at least another half an hour minimum after rinsing the teeth by swilling some table water round in your mouth or whatever and swallowing, as this gives the tooth enamel time to reharden, and be sufficiently hard not to be brushed away with a toothbrush. Your dentist will confirm this.

7. sue evans says:

can you grate several lemons and bag them for later?

• Jared Blake says:

Hi Sue, that is exactly what I do. I leave the gratings in a platic container and use them daily. Regards, Jared

8. Rusty says:

What size grater gives the best results please?

• Jared Blake says:

Hi Rusty, my grater is approx 8″ x 3″ and I use the smaller holes. I’m still looking for a bigger better grater. Regards, Jared

9. Heather says:

Teeth do need to be cleaned after drinking or eating lemons, but, they shouldn’t be cleaned straight away. Because the acid does soften the enamel it is best to wait about an hour before cleaning teeth to prevent damaging teeth.

10. sabienne6 says:

Did you know? “Lemons are possibly the most alkaline foods around, plus, they offer many health benefits. Starting your day with a glass of lemon water is a good way to work towards balancing your pH levels first thing. While lemons are initially acidic, the end result is alkaline.” (Source: Natural News)

Thanks to you and Mothman777 for the teeth info.

11. Jlbeau says:

What about the bitter white portion that we were always taught not to consume? Is it edible? Bitter?

• Jared Blake says:

Hi Jlbeau, I have eaten everything without issue. You must decide for yourself. I find it refreshing. Regards, Jared

12. Marie says:

That white bitter part is the pith and is where most of the bioflavinoids are. The pith is a beneficial part of the lemon.

13. SHIRLEY says:

I PICK LEMONS STRAIGHT FROM TREE PLACE IN MY BLENDER THEN IN SMALL FREEZER BAGS OR ICECUBE CONTAINERS THEN FREEZE IT IS READY TO USE ON MY PORRIDGE EVERY DAY